The Sabeti lab at Harvard University and The Broad Institute is looking to fill its full-time administrative assistant position, whose main role is to provide administrative support for the research activities of Dr. Pardis Sabeti. Dr. Sabeti is an active faculty member with a research group of 35+ and extensive sponsored research portfolio.
Working closely with the Faculty Assistant, the Administrative Assistant works to help set and manage priorities and schedule-based demands as well as developing and administering systems for the Principal Investigator (PI); maintains files; handles incoming requests via telephone, email, and mail; researches issues as directed; drafts and edits correspondence, briefings, and summaries as appropriate for the PI; and addresses questions coming in to the lab. The Administrative Assistant also ensures the PI is prepared for all daily activities, which includes preparation and gathering of meeting materials and tracking of ongoing projects or other activities. The Administrative Assistant also makes recommendations to the PI about key administrative and resource issues.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Develops effective systems for managing the PI’s administrative needs.
- Drafts and edits correspondence including letters, speeches, lecture presentations, email communications; transcribes interviews and other related materials.
- Assists in drafting, editing, and submission of reports, proposals, manuscript publications, alumni recommendation letters, and other written materials as needed.
- Maintains lab website and assists with content creation.
- Maintains and develops SOPs and internal wiki site.
- Support media outreach efforts, and curate social media presence
- Creates meeting agendas as directed and proactively seeks background materials for meetings as part of daily preparation.
- Assists and coordinates with senior level research administrative staff.
- Researches and coordinates special projects as directed by the PI, and other members of the lab’s management team.
- Manages contacts and relationships with key constituents, including senior university administrators, deans, faculty, staff, as well as external contacts in corporate, government, and media fields.
- Experience in an administrative support position, preferably in a laboratory or research based institution.
- Excellent organizational skills, the ability to learn rapidly, and good judgment are essential.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Must be highly proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite and Google Apps. Working knowledge or ability to quickly learn Publisher, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, and WordPress.
- Must possess proven administrative, communication, and organizational skills. Ideal candidate must possess a high level of confidentiality, use of sound judgment and strong attention to detail.
- Solid knowledge of office processes and protocols.
- Ability to multi-task and respond to interruptions in stride in order to meet deadlines.
- Experience drafting and editing scientific documents
- Demonstrated ability to work with multiple constituents on a variety of projects, flexibility, and willingness to take on assignments are essential.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as part of a team and handle complex and confidential information with discretion.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Interest or experience in global health or research ethics.
This position will begin as a 90 day temporary full-time role with strong likelihood to convert into a term staff position. Please apply by sending your resume and cover letter attached in a single document to:
Subject Line: Sabeti Lab Administrative Assistant Application
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.